After another read through the Love and Food, The Market Cookbook that I won from Tandy, my mom was set on preparing one of the recipes with her twist on it. I love it when my mom gets inspired like this because we always land up with a taste explosion meal that we talk about for weeks on end after enjoying it. The original recipe was pan-roasted kassler chops with fresh peaches and the mint called for was merely for decoration – what a waste we thought so we incorporated it into the meal – WINNER! Well done mom on another magnificent meal.
Kassler chops with mustard and minted pears
1 tbsp whole grain mustard
1tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp mint chiffonade
2 pears quartered and drizzled with olive oil
4 kassler chops
- Make a vinaigrette by combining the mustard, vinegar, honey and mint and set aside.
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat.
- Grill the pears on both sides and set aside and keep warm.
- Clean and reheat the pan and grill the kassler chops.
- Plate the chops and peaches and drizzle over the vinaigrette.