With the holidays in full swing, and all the family gatherings with copious amounts of eating, plus the fact that we have just gone halvies on a lamb with my folks, mint jelly was high on the list of have to makes. I got this super easy recipe from my SIL and modified it ever so slightly. Sadly the picture doesn’t do the jelly any justice, plus I am sure you could yield a lighter result using white sugar, either way it is absolutely delicious.
450g tin smooth apricot jam
460g (500ml) sugar – I used brown
250ml white vinegar
1 cup fresh mint chopped
5ml lemon juice
- Combine the jam, sugar and vinegar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and reduce by one third.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the mint and lemon juice.
- Bottle in sterilised jars.
- Can be kept in the fridge or on the shelf until opened.