What a way to end last year with the surprise of receiving the Reader Appreciation Award from John over at The Bartolini Kitchens Blog. A few years back, John realized that some of his family’s recipes were rarely being prepared and would likely be lost if no one used them. So began his journey, with his Mom Theresa, and his Zia (aunt) Lea ensuring that the family recipes would be preserved, used, and now shared on his lovely blog.
It is always such an honour to receive an award and being able to share the appreciation by paying the love forward to other fellow blogging buddies.
The rules of this award are to:
- Award your top 6 bloggers who have commented the most.
- Be thankful.
- You cannot award someone who has already been awarded and you cannot give the award back to me.
- Don’t forget to tell the bloggers you’ve awarded.
- If you don’t want to pass on this award, that’s okay to. Just admire it.
Well point number 3 ain’t so easy as my top 6 have already all been nominated so I am nominating the following bloggers:
- My friend Michael over at Oishii – Michael loves to share great recipes which he discovers from popular restaurants, cookbooks, food magazines (Bon Appétit, Food & Wine, etc.), tv shows, friends, family, and other blogs as well as developing his own. Michael doesn’t blog that often but when he does, you can guarantee an exceptional recipe every time. Oh and just in case you wanted to know, “Oishii” (pronounced “oy she”) is the Japanese word for delicious.
- Second on the list is Linda over at Fired Up Cooking SA – Linda who also doesn’t blog that frequently, writes a monthly article called ‘Camping Chat’ for the Caravan and Outdoor Life Magazine as well as their ‘Cook-Out’ articles. Linda makes the most incredible meals over a camp fire from starters, to mains and even desserts.
- My Australian chef friend Anna over at The Hospitality Guru has been privileged enough to meet the Queen no less. Anna’s most recent accolades include having worked with the Prime Minister & Cabinet to create official events at Parliament House, dealt with famous performers and entertainers in preparation for the Australia Day live concert, to Manuka Oval working on the Prime Minister’s XI Cricket match.
- Next up is Bobbi over at Bam’s Kitchen. Bobbi currently lives in Asia and Bam’s Kitchen is a place where you can experience some very unique international dishes that even teenagers will enjoy.
- Angie over at Angie’s Recipes makes the most magnificent meals that she photographs so beautifully! Angie has taken food photography and turned it into culinary art and it’s easy to see why her recipes are so popular.
- Last but certainly by no means least is Barbara aka Smidge over at Just a Smidgen. Barbara is a poet, artist, photographer, aspiring cellist, and bon vivant who has a passion for baking, culinary creations and the wonders of existence of her my hometown,Calgary, Alberta.
Thanks very much Tandy. Have a happy week. 🙂
Many congratulations on a hugely well deserved award! We, your readers, certainly do appreciate you 🙂 Am off to look at some of those blogs I don´t yet know. Have a wonderful day Mandy..
Thank you so much Tanya! Have a fantastic day too. I cannot stop thinking about the apron you made… 🙂
Thanks for thinking of me. I visit your blog so often as I am very inspired by your words and recipes. Looking forward to keeping in touch. Take care, BAM
Thanks so much BAM. Have a great day. 🙂
Congrats for getting it and congrats to your choices!
Thanks Belle, hope all is well with you. Have a super day. 🙂
Nicely done, Mandy, and thank you for your mention of my little corner of the blogosphere. I’m looking forward to checking out the blogs you’ve recommended. You have yet to steer me wrong! 🙂
Thanks so much John! You are always so complimentary. I thought it would be nice to show appreciation to others too. Have a great day. 🙂
Congratulations Mandy, and thanks for the generous recognition of my blog too. We have been dealing with an ongoing illness in our household over the past 6 months and it has really slowed me down in more ways than one. Hope to get back to normal and interact with you (and all of your wonderful blogger friends over here!) more in the new year.
Hi Michael. I am really sorry to hear that you have been dealing with an ongoing illness at home. Hope everything is better soon! Looking forward to chatting with you soon again. 🙂
congrats, I see I have some more reading to catch up on 🙂
Thanks Claire. Have an awesome day. 🙂
Congrats on your well-deserved award. 🙂
Thanks so much Kristy. Have a great week. 🙂
So nice Mandy, well deserved for you and your nominations!
Thanks so much Linda. Have a super day. 🙂
Congrats! Well-deserved indeed.
Thanks very much Greg! Have a great day. 🙂
I am always so thrilled when i find a few names on a list that i do not know. the Blog world is SO BIG! Thank you i shall go visiting now!! c
Happy visiting Celi. have a great week. 🙂
Congratulations to you, and I’m looking forward to checking out your nominees!
Thanks very much. Enjoy having a read through all the blogs. have a super day. 🙂
Congrats Mandy…you so deserve this award! What a great way to start the new year…all the best in 2012!
Hi Cindy, so lovely to hear from you again. Have a fantastic 2012 too. 🙂 xo
Congrats on the award!
Thanks very much Jed. Have a super week. 🙂
Congratulations Mandy! Thanks for all you do – everyone call tell you put a lot of effort into your wonderful posts. Thanks!
Thanks very much Tricia, I appreciate your kind words. Have a super day. 🙂
You are such a SweetHeart. Xx
Thank you Kim – you have made my day! 🙂 xo
I just love all the people you nominated. I love visiting their blogs.. and congrats on your award 🙂
Thanks so much Kay. It’s great to have the same blogging buddies. Have a super day. 🙂
congrats on the award, well deserved Mandy!
Thanks very much Roxana! Have a super day. 🙂
Congrats on the award, always well deserved! You nominated some wonderful bloggers. 🙂
Thanks very much Caroline. It’s always nice to give appreciation. have a super day. 🙂
Thanks Cindy. Have a happy day. 🙂 xo
Congrats Mandy! And thanks for the new bloggers link – enjoyed blog hopping!
Thanks very much Nami. It is always nice to be able to introduce bloggers to each other. 🙂
Yay! Some new blogs to check out!
Hi Rickelle, it is always nice to be able to introduce unknown bloggers to each other. Have a happy day. 🙂