As promised, this is my basic pancake recipe, which doubles and triples beautifully. It is super easy and produces lovely light and soft pancakes ready for all your savoury and sweet desires. Allowing the mixture to stand for 30 minutes before cooking is not necessary but it does soften the batter and allows the flour to absorb more of the liquid. Once cooked, these pancakes also freeze very well.
makes ± 16 small pancakes
1 cup flour
½ tsp salt
1 cup water
½ cup milk
- Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
- If you have the time allow the mixture to stand for 30 minutes.
- Heat a small pan or crepe pan over a high heat and brush with oil.
- Pour or ladle small amounts of batter into the pan tilting the pan in a circular motion to coat the bottom of the pan evenly with the mixture.
- Once lightly browned on the underneath side, flip the pancake over using a spatula and cooked for a few more seconds.
- Continue with points 4 and 5 until the mixture is finished.