Pizza is not something I make very often but on occasion the craving will kick in and being the obedient person that I am, I satisfy it. Below is the recipe I use every time I make pizza, even the toppings – quite boring I guess but delicious all the same. Here is a reminder for you. Think I will branch out next time and add sliced avocado when it comes out of the oven.
Pizza Dough, Sauce and Toppings
10g sachet instant yeast
10ml brown sugar
125ml luke warm water
160-210g all purpose flour *
30ml tomato paste
10ml olive oil
1.2ml dried oregano
1.2 dried sweet basil
1½ cups white cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese grated
1 garlic cloves crushed
4 big white button mushrooms thinly sliced
4 rashers bacon diced
- Mix the yeast, sugar, salt and water in a bowl.
- Add half of the flour so that when you stir it in, the dough comes together.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes, gradually adding more flour until the dough feels smooth and elastic.
- Roll the dough into a ball and lightly oil the surface, place in a bowl and cover with cling film and place it in a warm spot until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Lightly punch down the dough and roll it out as thinly as desired directly onto a piece of tin foil which has been sprayed with non stick spray and transfer to a baking tray.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the base followed by the cheese, garlic, mushrooms and bacon.
- Sprinkle over the oregano and bake for 10 -12 minutes.
* I weighed out 210g flour and used from it to flour the counter.