I have promised Celia over at Fig Jam and Lime Cordial for the better part of a year (possibly even longer) that I am going to make her Microwave Custard and quite honestly have got no excuse as to why I have not made it until now! I sure have been missing out! Celia, your custard is so quick and easy (just my kind of recipe) and its delicious! Thank you.
Celia’s Microwave Custard
500ml full cream milk
5ml vanilla extract
80ml caster sugar
4 egg yolks
- In a pyrex bowl, whisk together the milk, vanilla, cornflour and sugar until smooth.
- Microwave on hight for 2 minutes until hot.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk the egg yolks until smooth. Pour the egg yolks through a sieve into the bowl of milk, whisking constantly as it ribbons into the mixture to ensure it does not curdle.
- Heat the mixture on high for 1 minute, then whisk. Heat for a further 30 seconds, then whisk again. Continue heating in 30 second intervals, whisking after each until the custard has thickened to your liking.
- Use immediately or refrigerate until needed with a piece of cling film pressed to the surface of the custard to prevent a skin forming.