Mom had some roast pork leftover from a family Easter meal and turned it into her delicious Pork and Mushroom pie. Quantities depend on the amount of meat you have left. We served the pie with a light salad but mashed spuds and steamed greens. You have to try this is you have any roast pork leftovers, it is so tasty.
Mom’s Pork and Mushroom Pie
Left over roast pork chopped
Slat and pepper to taste
Bistro and Maizena (cornstarch)
1 roll puff pastry
- Fry the onion and mushrooms until tender.
- Add the pork and chicken stock and simmer until the meat is very tender – add more stock if required.
- Season with salt and pepper and thicken with bisto and maizena.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the meat into a baking dish and lay the pastry over the top.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown.