I had to giggle to myself as I have nearly 2 cups of guavadilla pulp and only used 50ml for this recipe – guess I might be making loads more cupcakes… No no, the balance will go into the freezer and probably get used to make a juice concentrate when the folks next visit or possibly used as the topping to an unbaked cheesecake – you never know, maybe both. I used the same recipe as for my Birthday Cupcakes – think it’s my new favourite cupcake recipe and if you are worried about what to do with the egg yolks, you can always make Celia’s Microwave Custard.
1 cup sugar
¾ cup milk
2 tsp baking powder
1½ cups cake flour
¼ tsp salt
4 egg whites
50ml guavadilla pulp
300g icing sugar
50g butter at room temperature
10ml vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the milk alternating with the dry ingredients.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Fold the egg whites and guavadilla pulp into the batter.
- Divide the mixture into 12 prepared muffins tins and bake for 15 minutes.
- Beat all the ingredients together in a bowl for 3 minutes.
- Pipe over the cupcakes and decorates with guavadilla pips.