My sister-in-law Trish e-mailed me this recipe a while back and had I known how fabulous it is, I would certainly not have waited this long before making it. This pudding has the perfect balance between tart and sweet with a soft extremely light crumb and a surprise creamy sauce hiding away at the bottom of the bowl. Think of this as a lemon meringue soufflé that stays risen. Thanks for the lovely recipe Trishy.🙂
Trish’s Warm Lemon Pudding
170ml brown sugar
Rind of 2 lemons
2 extra large eggs separated
170ml full cream milk
60ml lemon juice strained
Cream to serve – optional
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Sift the flour, sugar and salt into a bowl.
- Add the lemon rind.
- Beat the egg yolks with the milk and lemon juice, and stir into the flour mixture.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the lemon mixture.
- Divide the mixture between 6 to 8 ramekins and place in a baking pan of hot water.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.