Every now and again, I feel like something different – a taste explosion as Pete calls it. This usually only occurs when all I have on hand are the normal day to day ingredients and nothing out of the ordinary to help produce said taste explosion. Now, a stir fry is always a winner in my book, as is pan fried chicken breasts and couscous ranks right up at the top of the list too although none really stand out as something different until you throw all of these elements together. My taste buds were very happy with this lip smacking lunch.
Chicken Couscous Stir Fry Stack
Spice of choice – I used vegetable spice
Button mushrooms thinly sliced
Orange bell pepper sliced
Baby cabbage sliced
Ginger finely chopped
Garlic finely chopped
Sweet chilli sauce
- Prepare the couscous according to the package instructions.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts and fry in a little butter with your spice of choice. Cut into strips.
- Stir fry all of the veggies until al dente.
- Mix the couscous into the veggies.
- Stack the couscous veggie mixture and place the chicken on top.
- Drizzle with sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce.