Some days you just need a hearty and healthy bowl of comfort and this did just the trick. Not the prettiest of meals to photograph but the flavour definitely makes up for it! This recipe makes enough for at least 10 healthy portions and freezes very well too and couldn’t be easier to make.
Beef and Carrot Soup
1kg beef shin cubed
2 onions sliced
2½ litres good quality beef stock
500g packet soup mix (barley, split peas, brown and red lentils)
6 carrots grated
Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the meat in a pot in a little oil.
- Add the onions and fry until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for approximately 1½ hours until the meat and soup mix are tender.
- If the soup is a little thick, add more stock.