The folks were recently here for a wee visit and brought loads of lovely cranberries with. Naturally thoughts went down the road of what should we make with all of these lovely red jewels. One can’t just eat them as is you know. Mom said she felt like a light spongy muffin and I said I had just the recipe for her. I was a teensy bit worried as I don’t believe my recipes are as good as Moms. It turns out Mom loved these muffins – yippee! So with that kind of approval, you can rest assured they are worth making.
1 cup cranberries
4 egg whites
1 cup sugar
¾ cup milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tsp baking powder
1½ cups cake flour
¼ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the cranberries in a bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the liquid alternating with the dry ingredients.
- Drain the cranberries and add to the mixture.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Divide the mixture into 12 prepared muffins tins and bake for 15 minutes.