When Pete is away on business, knowing that I am going to get the proverbial suckers on my butt and not leave the computer for most of the day but still wanting a tasty dinner without the hassle of an actual recipe or having to plan and prep in advance, I head to the kitchen to make a cuppa and see what the cupboard has to offer in the way of flavour. I find chicken is the safest to experiment with and generally you can’t go wrong with throwing a few ingredients at it and bunging it in the oven until it is cooked. So… Lemon Rosemary Balsamic Chicken was born. I didn’t measure anything – you will have to be guided by the amount of chicken you are cooking and by taste.
Lemon Rosemary Balsamic Chicken
Lemon – mine was from the garden
Rosemary sprig – mine was from the garden
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the chicken in an oven proof dish and squeeze over some lemon juice.
- Place pieces of rosemary over the chicken and splash over with a good glug of balsamic.
- Grind pepper and salt over the top and bake for approximately 45 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve drizzled with the sauce and a side of roast spuddies and veggies.