This really should fall into the un-recipe category and into the should make every week category too. This flavourful meal came about when I found some forgotten tomatoes in the crisper looking quite sad and slightly wrinkled. While waiting for the tomatoes to roast , you can as I did, enjoy a bubble bath with a glass of wine. 😉 With next weeks version, I shall lose the chicken and replace it with anchovies and try roma tomatoes for a more robust and slightly sweeter flavour.
Roasted Tomato & Chicken Pasta
Garlic cloves unpeeled
Olive or grapeseed oil
Sea salt and black pepper
Pasta of choice
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Place the tomatoes and garlic cloves on a baking tray and drizzles with oil and season well with salt, pepper and origanum.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes.
- Blitz the tomatoes and garlic (squeezed out of it’s skin) using a stick blender and beaker. Add another drizzle of olive oil and stir through.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Fry the chicken breasts over a medium heat in butter and oil seasoned with the Italian herbs and chilli powder.
- Once cooked slice into strips.
- Serve the tomato sauce and chicken over the pasta with an optional second glass of wine.