I love my daily read about Charlie’s life over at Hotly Spiced. I commend Charlie for being such an incredible mom to her 3 children who keep her on her toes 24 x 7. Do pop over for a read, Charlie always has the most wonderful stories and recipes to share.
The recipe calls for making 6 logs but I made 8. Good thing too as I can make the deliciousness stretch a wee bit further. I didn’t have any green glacé cherries on hand so sadly my logs aren’t decorated with holly and are not as elegantly covered with the chocolate as Charlie’s. No matter as they still taste fabulous.
These make for perfect Christmas gifts wrapped in clear cellophane tied with festive ribbon.
Charlie’s Mom’s Christmas Whiskey Logs
400g plain biscuits – I used Marie Biscuits
125g butter chopped
1 cup icing sugar
½ cup whiskey
100g chocolate chips
100g glacé cherries halved plus a few extra to make holly
200g dried fruit – I used bakers mix
200g dark chocolate
- Crush the biscuits and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy and mix in the egg, whiskey, biscuits, chocolate, cherries and dried fruit.
- Roll into 6 evenly sized logs, wrap in cling film and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Melt the chocolate using a double boiler and cover each log in chocolate. Allow to cool and set in the fridge.
Note: It is easier to coat the top, sides and ends of the logs first, then place on baking paper, put in the fridge until the chocolate has set, then remove from the fridge and turn upside down to coat the under-side of the logs.
- To serve, cut into slices with a hot knife.