My responsibilities for Christmas lunch was the starter (Smoked Salmon Terrine) and one of the 3 desserts – Chocolate Mousse. Thankfully I was able to make both dishes the day before leaving just the finishing touches and plating to be done on Christmas Day. Sadly I woke with the spider bite migraine on Christmas morning which rendered me somewhat unable to complete my dishes. Thankfully I had a few elves come to my rescue to plate the starer and prettify the individual chocolate mousses. Family is awesome! Sadly I took all of 3 photos the whole day so am unable to share my Mom’s beautiful Christmas table with you. I was however able to get a quick semi in focus shot of the mousses as they were being decorated. I made 3 times the quantity of the recipe shown below.
200g dark chocolate
4 egg separated
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over hot water.
- Beat in the egg yolks one at a time and beat until smooth and thick.
- Lightly whip the cream and fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Lightly beat the egg whites and fold into the mixture.
- Spoon into 8 glass bowls or ramekins and refrigerate until set.