These moreish muffins are perfect for last minute tea time guests or a tasty breakfast when everything else breakfasty just isn’t quite cutting the mustard – simply throw a few ingredients at a bowel et voila, a taste bud tantalizing muffin in 20 minutes. You could add some texture with chocolate chips or something healthier like seeds or nuts – these variations only came to me when I was taking them out of the oven so mine are just plain. No matter as they are delicious as is with a light moist crumb.
Nutty Wheat Banana Muffins
500ml nutty wheat flour – you could substitute with any flour
200ml brown sugar
5ml baking powder
5ml bicarbonate of soda
2 bananas mashed
10ml vanilla essence
250ml plain yoghurt
1egg lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Prepare 12 muffins tins with paper cases.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix through.
- Divide into the 12 muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes.