These lovely light flavoured muffins are perfect for with tea and come together in just a couple of minutes. The longest part of this recipe is grating the orange zest and waiting for them to bake. I was tempted to add a glacé (royal) icing drizzled over the top but thought they were nice enough just as is.
Orange Poppy Seed Muffins
½ cup sunflower oil
¾ cup caster sugar
2 extra large eggs
¾ cup milk
5 tsp orange zest
2 cups self raising flour
½ tsp salt
7 tsp poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line 12 muffins pans with paper cases.
- Beat the oil and sugar together.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat in.
- Add the milk and lemon zest.
- Fold in the flour, salt and poppy seeds.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 muffins pans and bake for 15 minutes.