These biscuits smell like what my granny’s kitchen smelt like – such a beautiful warm welcoming smell that wraps you up in a delicate warm and fuzzy feeling. What more could you ask for! These are so good that even my ever loving Pete who isn’t a biscuit person kept saying how fabulous they are.
Choc Chip Oat Biscuits
115g all purpose flour
½tsp bicarbonate of soda
¼tsp baking powder
115g caster sugar
100g light brown sugar
1tsp vanilla essence
170g chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Combine the flour, bicarb, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugars together.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until thoroughly blended.
- Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Place teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets, spacing the dough about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes until just firm around the edges.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.