It has been forever since I shared a recipe. Sorry about that.
I know I have said this about this recipe before BUT seriously if there is one rusk recipe you have to try, this is it. It has to be the most versatile recipe as you can mix and match or change the dry ingredients each time you bake them and every time the result will be a perfect rusk, promise. 🙂
Below is what I did this time around and they are fabulous!
MUST MAKE RUSKS
2 cups oats
2 cups wholewheat pronutro
1 cup nuttywheat flour
1 cup cornflakes
2 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup bakers mix – dried saltanas, raisins and currents
2 tbsp baking powder
¼ cup oil
1½ cups plain yoghurt
250g butter melted
2 extra large eggs lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease two large loaf tins with butter.
- Combine all the dry ingredients and add the sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the oil, yoghurt and eggs to the melted butter and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Place the mixture into the tins and bake for approximately 45 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Once the loaves are cool, cut them into fingers and arrange on a baking sheet and dry in the oven for 3 to 4 hours at 100°C.