You may remember a while ago I was on the hunt for THE vanilla recipe which works well as a cake and cupcakes, well, I finally got it right after a few attempts. These are wonderful iced or just on their own with a sprinkling of icing sugar or served with cream and berries. I have made them a few times and they get rave reviews all around.
125ml cooking oil
2 extra large eggs
250ml Greek Yogurt
5ml vanilla essence
500ml cake flour
5ml bicarbonate of soda
10ml baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Beat the sugar and oil together.
- Add the eggs and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the yogurt and vanilla essence.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and fold into the wet mixture – don’t over mix, a few lumps is fine.
- Spoon into 18 prepared muffin tins smoothing the top of the mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Ice as desired.