I saw a link to these gorgeous looking morsels and just had to make them the same day. They are worth making with a couple of tweaks. I will definitely be making these again soon.
Apple Cream Cheese Rose Tarts
1 apple – I used 2
1 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp water
1-2 sheets puff pastry – one sheet made 6 tarts (see point 5 of method)
1/4 cup cream cheese – I used full fat softened with a ¼ tsp vanilla essence
3 tbsp sugar – I combined sugar and cinnamon and recommend using more
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Prepare muffins tins with non stick spray.
- Halve the apples, scoop out the core and slice thinly.
- Combine the apple slices with lemon juice and water in a bowl and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut into 6 even strips. Moving forward I would roll the pastry thinner to make at least 9 slices, possibly even 12.
- Spread the cream cheese on each slice of pasty. Double the quantity for 12 tarts.
- Liberally sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the cream cheese.
- Arrange the apple slices overlapping each other on one half of the pastry with the top of the apple just above the pastry.
- Fold the bottom half of the pastry up over the top and roll up.
- Place in prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Reduce time accordingly if you roll the pastry thinner.
I served these with homemade custard. They made a fabulous dessert.