I saw the recipe for this tasty Banana Bread on Linda’s Fired up Cooking SA‘s blog. I felt a slight twinge of guilt though when I made it, as I have stated in the past that my family’s recipe for Banana Loaf is the one of the best! While it is still a brilliant and well loved recipe, Linda’s version is so much quicker and like Linda says, all you need is a fork and a bowl. Ordinarily I use very ripe bananas for Banana Loaf but only had “just yellow” ones on hand and they produced a lovely light banana flavour.
Easy Banana Bread
3 or 4 bananas (I used three and they made up 1 cup)
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar (I used brown sugar)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1½ cups all purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease a small loaf tin.
- Mash the bananas in the bowl with the fork.
- Add the melted butter and mix in.
- Add the sugar and mix in.
- Add the egg and beat into the mixture.
- Add the vanilla essence and stir in.
- Sprinkle the bicarbonate of soda over the mix and blend in.
- Add the flour and mix through.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and bake until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Mine took 45 minutes.