As promised, here is the second Cheese Cake recipe. This has to be the ultimate unbaked cheese cake and I have yet to find somebody who doesn’t like. If you want to take it up a notch, grate your favourite chocolate over the top. Either way, it’s perfection with every mouthful.
30ml castor sugar
½ packet Marie biscuits crushed
397g tin condensed milk
125ml lemon juice
250ml creamed cottage cheese
Chocolate for grating over the top – optional
- Mix the castor sugar with the biscuits.
- Melt the butter and add to the biscuits and mix until the biscuits are well coated.
- Press into a greased pie dish and refrigerate.
- Combine the condensed milk with the lemon juice and beat until thick.
- Add the cream cheese and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the biscuit base.
- Grate chocolate over the top and refrigerate.
Submitted by: Mandy Frielinghaus, Mauritius
I absolutely love cheese cake and even more when it is an unbaked version. This is the first of two recipes I want to share with you and both are guaranteed to be a hit with the lovers of the baked variety.
4 tbsp butter
1 tbsp golden syrup
150g Marie biscuits crushed
6 tbsp castor sugar
2 eggs separated
½ tsp vanilla essence
Juice of 1 lemon
340g cream cheese
1 tsp gelatine
2 tbsp water
- Melt the butter and syrup together and mix into the crumbs.
- Press down well into a loose-bottomed tin and place in the fridge.
- Put the sugar in a bowl with the egg yolks and whisk over hot water until creamy and pale.
- Add the vanilla essence and lemon juice and whisk until the mixture is cool.
- Add the cream cheese and whisk until mixed through.
- Whip the cream and add to the mixture.
- Dissolve the gelatine in the water over a gentle heat and add to the mixture, mixing in well.
- Fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Pour over the hardened crust and refrigerate.
Submitted by: Raë Smit, Pretoria