I saw this recipe in an old edition of the Your Family magazine (April 1997) and thought it quite decadent with all the chocolate, almonds and mascarpone. It isn’t the cheapest of desserts to make and eating it cold from the fridge wasn’t that great. It was however great at room temperature. Really thought I took pics of it cut but clearly not. Oops.
Chocolate Cheese Cake
125g butter, melted
25g castor sugar
100g milk chocolate, melted
50g ground almonds
90g flour, sifted
500g cream cheese
125g castor sugar
5 XL eggs, separated
400g milk chocolate, melted
500g Mascarpone cheese
30g icing sugar
5ml vanilla essence
Extra milk chocolate for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Base – Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the remaining ingredients and press into the base of a greased 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin.
- Filling – Beat the cream cheese, sugar and cream until smooth. Add the egg yolks and melted chocolate.
- Beat the egg whites until still peaks form and fold into the mixture and pour over the base. Bake for 2 hours and then cool in the oven for an hour.
- Topping – Beat the ingredients together and spread over the cooled cheesecake.
- Decorate with shavings or grated chocolate.