Christmas lunch this year is being hosted at my folks place here at the River which basically means Mom is responsible for the menu; Starter, Mains and Dessert. Nothing out of the ordinary there, but as it goes, we tend to gravitate to the same types of dishes every year. This year with the aunts, uncles, cousins and little ones, it seems the final count will be 20 adults and 10 children.
The last time Christmas lunch hosted at my folks place was 4 years ago while Pete and I were still living in Mauritius so we missed out on:
Mock crayfish cocktail
Beef fillet with a brandy and cream sauce served on blanched baby marrow
and carrot match sticks with crispy roasted potatoes
Individual crème brûlée’s & individual berry pavlova’s
This is where you come in.
- Submit your dream summer Christmas lunch menu in the comments section below and stand in line to win a copy of my book, “The Complete Cook Book”.
- Entries close 30 October 2012.
- This competition is open to everybody worldwide and Mom will be the judge and decide on the final menu entry to be used.
- Starter, main and dessert courses
- Starter course must be a cold dish
- Dessert must be able to be made in individual portions
Come 25 December we may be eating your dream summer Christmas lunch.
Good luck and looking forward to your entries. 🙂