This is the first recipe I tried from my by birthday book, The Cake the Buddha Ate and it is divine! An absolute must make! Pete and I did the corn on the braai but you could easily grill them in the oven too.
Grilled Sweetcorn with Sweet Chilli, Coriander & Lime
1kg sweetcorn ± 6
¼ cup olive oil
½ tsp cumin seeds, bruised, crushed
½ tsp coriander seeds
¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
1 tbsp garlic, crushed
1 tbsp lime juice – you could substitute with lemon
½ cup fresh coriander, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- Precook the sweetcorn in the microwave for 5 to 7 minutes until tender alternatively boil in water for ±15 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan with the oil.
- Add the spices and sweet chilli sauce and bring to the boil.
- Add the garlic and cook while stirring for 5 minutes until thick.
- Add the lime juice and chopped coriander and add seasoning if required.
- Pour the sauce over the sweetcorn and braai for 5 minutes turning while basting with the sauce.
- Alternatively place in a preheated oven at 220°C and place on the highest rack in the oven. Turn the mielies when they turn brown and grill to finish off.