This is a wonderful light dessert for after a heavy winters meal or lovely addition to the table at a shower or tea.
4 eggs separated
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
125g butter melted
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups milk lukewarm
Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Grease an 8 inch x 8 inch baking dish.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks & sugar until light.
- Add the butter and vanilla and beat for two minutes.
- Add the flour and incorporate.
- Slowly add the milk and beat in.
- Fold in the egg whites, a third at a time.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake for ± 60 minutes or until the top is lightly golden.
- Once cooled, cut into slices (or rounds) and dust with powdered sugar.