This has to be hands down the quickest cake to bake, it takes just 6 minutes – don’t think you can beat that. It is not quite as light as most cakes; it is however spongy and very moist and is ideal for last minute guests popping in for a tea time treat.
Microwave Oven Chocolate Cake
250ml cake flour
12.5ml baking powder
Pinch of salt
5ml vanilla essence
250ml warm water
- Combine all the dry ingredients.
- Combine all the wet ingredients.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together and bake in a ring pan for 6 minutes on high.
- Turn out of the ring and allow to cool.
- Ice with caramel or icing of your choice.
Submitted by: Christine de Villiers, Port Elizabeth