This is all summery, light and fluffy and is superb for a weekend get together. It is perfect on it’s own but can also be served with a splash of cream.
1 pineapple grated
4 cups water
1 cup sugar
2 eggs separated
1 tbsp custard powder
1 packet pineapple or lemon jelly
- Boil the pineapple in the water until soft.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Mix the custard with a little water and stir in.
- Remove the pot from stove.
- Mix the yolks with a little water and add and stir well.
- Stir in the jelly until dissolved.
- Stiffly beat the egg whites and fold in.
- Transfer to a dish and refrigerate.
Submitted by: Raë Smit, Pretoria