Rice and pasta salads can often look like a big lumpy mess in a bowl, so it makes a nice change to have a salad all neat and tidy turned out from a mould especially with the added burst of colour with the ingredients for this salad.
Patsta Rice Salad Ring
900ml cooked risoni pasta
410g tin peaches drained and chopped
1 small onion finely chopped
1 green pepper finely chopped
2 tomatoes finely chopped
25ml parsley chopped
25ml Greek or Italian salad dressing
- While still warm, mix the risoni pasta together with the mayonnaise.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Press into an oiled mould.
- Allow to set overnight in the fridge.
- Unmould and decorate as desired to serve.
Submitted by: Renee Whittal, Port Elizabeth