A savoury tart is always a welcome addition to any occasion and it can be made the day before and reheated in the oven or microwave oven just before serving and for a lighter result you can leave out the short crust pastry. The egg custard will form it’s own crust.
1 packet short crust pastry
1 large onion
1 punnet brown mushrooms
1 packet streaky bacon
250ml cheddar cheese
2 extra large eggs
½ packet mushroom soup powder
5ml dry mustard powder
- Press the pastry into a 25cm pie dish.
- Slice the onion and the mushrooms, chop the bacon, and fry until cooked and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Combine all the egg custard ingredients.
- Mix the cheese into the onion, mushroom and bacon mixture and place into pastry shell.
- Pour over the custard mixture and bake for 30 to 40 minutes until set.
Submitted by: Mandy Frielinghaus