I originally saw this recipe for Lemonade Scones on Cindy’s blog Life in a Recipe, who read about it on Celia’s blog Fig Jam and Lime Cordial. It took just over 5 months but I finally got around to making them and they are fabulous. Using only 3 ingredients produced these moreish tea time treats and as everybody knows, the easier and the less ingredients involved to produce a wonderful recipe is just my cup of tea. I enjoyed one too many with strawberry jam and lightly whipped cream.
Lemonade (Sprite) Scones
3 cups self raising flour
1 cup cream
1 cup lemonade (sprite)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl until just combined. The mixture will be quite sticky.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface.
- Dust your hands and the top of the dough with flour and gently shape the dough into a disk and with a floured cutter, cut out the scones, and place them on a lined baking sheet.
- Gently reshape the remaining dough and cut out more scones. I made a total of 12 scones.
- Alternatively shape the dough into a square and divide into 12 using a floured knife, separate gently and place onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean.