The fresh flavours of this recipe make it a favourite for summer evenings. You can also replace the basil with fresh coriander (cilantro) and if entertaining a larger group of people, you can cook both variations.
Sweet Chilli & Basil Chicken
350g chicken breasts
2 spring onions
60ml balsamic vinegar
60ml sweet chilli sauce
45ml soya sauce
125ml fresh basil leaves
- Cut the chicken into thin slices.
- Cut the onions diagonally into 2cm lengths.
- Heat the oil in a wok and stir fry the onions for 2 minutes and set aside.
- Stir fry the chicken until almost cooked.
- Add the vinegar, sweet chilli sauce and soya sauce to the chicken and stir through until the chicken is cooked.
- Add the onions and basil leaves and stir through.
Serve with basmati rice.
Submitted by: Mandy Frielinghaus, Mauritius
This sounds great. I’ll have to keep an eye out for sweet chili sauce so I can give it a try.
mmmm this is one of my favorite things to order, i’ll have to make it at home now!