I am sorry I haven’t been around to visit your blogs and read your posts yet – things have gone a touch haywire here and I am hoping to be back to normal by next week. Please be patient with me while I get there. See you soon. 🙂 xo
Even though Spring is officially here, we are still having some blustery cold days. A pot of soup simmering on the stove is always a warm and welcoming smell on days like this.
Barley and Lentil Soup
1 large onion chopped
2 inch piece of ginger grated
6 garlic cloves crushed
2 tsp dried Italian herbs
500g packet soup mix – barley, brown and red lentils and split peas
± 4 litres chicken or vegetable salt
Celery salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Fry the onion in a little olive oil until tender.
- Add the ginger, garlic and herbs and fry for a minute.
- Add the soup mix and stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for approximately 1 hour until cooked. You may need to add additional stock if the soup is too thick.
- Season with celery salt and pepper.