A savoury tart is always a welcome addition to any occasion and it can be made the day before and reheated in the oven or microwave oven just before serving and for a lighter result you can leave out the short crust pastry. The egg custard will form it’s own crust.
1 packet short crust pastry
1 large onion
1 punnet brown mushrooms
1 packet streaky bacon
250ml cheddar cheese
2 extra large eggs
½ packet mushroom soup powder
5ml dry mustard powder
- Press the pastry into a 25cm pie dish.
- Slice the onion and the mushrooms, chop the bacon, and fry until cooked and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Combine all the egg custard ingredients.
- Mix the cheese into the onion, mushroom and bacon mixture and place into pastry shell.
- Pour over the custard mixture and bake for 30 to 40 minutes until set.
Submitted by: Mandy Frielinghaus
yum, thanks for the idea!
It’s always a hit with family and friends – hope it becomes one of your favourites too. Enjoy.
Pingback: Tweets that mention Savoury Tart « The Complete Cook Book Blog -- Topsy.com
This recipe sounds really yummy! Thanks for sharing.
The really nice thing about this recipe is that you can add and replace any of the ingredients to suit you. Enjoy.